Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute of Telematics
Chair for Pervasive Computing Systems / TECO
Building 07.07, Room 206
Open Thesis, Projects, Positions
Contact me to learn more or about the topics below or discuss any other topic of your interests
- Data privacy in wearable devices
- Audio Signal Processing and Machine Learning methods for speech filtering
- Mobile data collection methods for psychological field studies
Student jobs / HiWi (click here)
My goal is to use wearable technology for process audio and, specifically, speech data for data privacy preserving audio recording. In addition, I use audio and other sensor data to measure psychological variables and develop behavioral interventions in everyday life. If you can think across disciplines and want to apply computer science into practice, please reach out!
- 2021 – today PhD candidate at TECO / Scholar at the KD²School for Design and Decisions at KIT
- 2018 – 2021 Psychology, M.Sc. at Freie Universität Berlin
- 2021 – 2022 Consultant at Simply Rational GmbH — The Decision Institute
- 2020 Visiting Student and Master Thesis at Duke University
- 2014 – 2018 Psychology B.Sc. at Technical University Braunschweig
- 2016 Visiting Studies at Yonsei University in Seoul, Republic Korea
- Speech Processing
- Transparent AI / Psychological AI
- Behavioral interventions
- Affect Recognition
- Speaker, Speech, and Voice Activity Recognition
Beckmann L, Bergmann MC, Schneegans T, Baier D (2019). Importation and deprivation factors influencing teacher‐targeted aggression among secondary school students in Germany: A multilevel analysis. Aggressive Behavior. 2019;1–11. https://doi.org/10.1002/ab.21823
Schneegans, T.; Simmon, L.; Beigl, M.
2022. ISWC ’22: Proceedings of the 2022 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers : International Symposium on Wearable Computers (ISWC’22) , Atlanta, GA and Cambridge, UK, September 11-15, 2022, 106–108, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). doi:10.1145/3544794.3558480
Röddiger, T.; Clarke, C.; Breitling, P.; Schneegans, T.; Zhao, H.; Gellersen, H.; Beigl, M.
2022. Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies, 6 (3), Article 135. doi:10.1145/3550314
Schneegans, T.; Bachman, M. D.; Huettel, S. A.; Heekeren, H.